The Sault Ste. Marie Airport Development Corporation is excited to host the Sault Ste. Marie Airport Open House in celebration of our 20th Anniversary! On Saturday, August 25, the airport will open its doors to the public as they explore its rich history of providing aviation users and travelers with a convenient gateway between Sault Ste. Marie and the world.
People of all ages are welcomed to visit the airport and it’s participating tenants to enjoy activities for the entire family along the self-guided tour behind the scenes at the airport. Staff and partners will be onsite to answer questions and provide visitors with a unique behind-the-scenes glimpse of the airport including:
- FREE Ice cream, cotton candy, popcorn, face painting, and balloon twisting for KIDS from 11am to 3pm;
- The Sault Ste. Marie Airport’s newly renovated terminal as well as our newest tenant Shabby Motley, who will be hosting a BBQ on the day of the event;
- The airport’s fire hall and maintenance facility, which will provide the opportunity for kids of all ages to explore the airport’s state-of-the-art safety vehicles;
- Airport partners and tenants such as JD Aero, the Ministry of Natural Resources, Sault College Aviation, the Bushplane Museum, Nav Canada, Air Canada, CATSA and Humphrey Aviation Services who will be hosting displays and/or opening up their facilities to showcase the full range of services that their operations provide.
- Don’t miss COPA FOR KIDS in conjunction with the SSM Airport Open House! COPA for kids is a free of charge aviation program that puts COPA member pilots together one-on-one with young people between 8 and 17 years of age! REGISTER TODAY at http://www.copassm.com !
The Sault Ste. Marie Airport will open its doors from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring family and friends to join in the fun!