To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, all passengers and airport employees must wear face coverings or masks at all times. This includes pre- and post- security screening areas of the terminal and all other public areas in the terminal. Please visit the Transport Canada website for further guidance on face covering requirements for air travellers.
As always, follow in-terminal signage and maintain a safe physical distance of 2 metres from others whenever possible.
Pre-Departure COVID-19 Testing and Negative Results Required for International Air Travellers Departing from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Algoma Public Health advises that individuals requesting a COVID-19 test for international travel clearance are no longer eligible for a publicly funded COVID-19 test in Ontario.
COVID-19 PCR Testing is available at Northstream Safety & Rehab
Booking is available online at Contact us | NorthStream Safety & Rehab or by telephone at 1-888-273-0143
COVID-19 Rapid-Antigen Testing is available at Shoppers Drug Mart
Booking is available by telephone at 1-705-949-2143 at 44 Great Northern Road Location or 1-705-945-1215 at 364 Second Line West Location in Sault Ste. Marie.
Please contact your airline directly or visit the website of the government to which you are travelling to determine the type of test that is accepted.
We have added or enhanced cleaning procedures and will continue to evolve these processes as needed. These include:
- Installation of barrier glass at all terminal counters
- Additional cleaning and heightened focus on high-touch areas, such as chairs and the car park pay station etc.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations at key terminal locations entering the terminal building
- Use of disinfecting solutions for baggage cart handrails and handles
- Regular disinfecting of all hard surfaces
- Enhanced disinfection of terminal washrooms
For more information on the most recent updates to the Government of Canada’s measures and guidelines to protect air travellers from COVID-19 visit the Government of Canada website.
- Visit our News and Events page to read the latest news regarding travel at the Sault Ste. Marie Airport
- For information on the measures taken by CATSA visit the CATSA website
- For more information on face coverings, visit the Government of Canada’s website
- Learn about Air Canada’s CleanCare+ program
- Learn about Porter Airlines’ healthy flights
- Please consult the desination page on travel.gc.ca for the latest travel advice
- If you’re travelling, see the Public Health Agency of Canada website for useful information
- Visit the Algoma Public Health website for useful information